PHP / WordPress Developer
Women First Digital (WFD) is a collection of online platforms that provide information and counseling services on safe abortion, contraception and SRHR. WFD leverages the reach, innovation and power of the internet to reach as many people as possible. Through these platforms we connect women all around the world to accurate information, allowing them to make informed decisions about comprehensive abortion care and services.
- Strong understanding of core PHP concepts
- Extensive experience generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Extensive experience with PHP and HTML5/CSS3
- Experience with LESS or SASS.
- Should have a strong understanding of mobile, responsive web patterns and UX/UI design.
- Experience with a PHP framework like Codeigniter / Laravel will be a plus.
- Knowledge of technical and on-page SEO
- Designing and building the website front-end.
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Creating HTML for standalone pages / emailers from PSD.
Contract Type: Full-time, Contract
The Web Developer will work online from any location, but should be in constant communication with the Women First tech team. Work schedule will be defined according to candidate’s availability and WFD needs.
We invite all interested candidates to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter of Motivation outlining how your experience, skills, and professional networks fit with the required job description (1-page maximum).
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with “PHP/Web Developer”
The following platforms comprise the WFD Program:
- HowToUseAbortionPill.org (also known as PinkShoes.org in regions of the world where criminalization or stigma make abortion resources inaccessible)
HowToUse is a one stop global resource for safe abortion, providing simple instructions on how to use the medical abortion pills. HowToUse also provides abortion eLearning courses, country-specific abortion information and is currently translated into 24 languages.
safe2choose connects women all around the world to accurate and individualized information on medical abortion pills, so that they can have a safe abortion where, when and with whom they feel most comfortable. Our team includes multilingual counselors, medical doctors and experts in the field of public health and international development that work together to provide women with accurate information about safe abortion.
Created in collaboration with Bedsider.org and partners around the world, findmymethod.org shares information on contraception that is easy to understand, comprehensive, and globally representative.