How can I manage pain associated with the abortion pills?
Ibuprofen is available for purchase in most countries, and this is the recommended medication to use for the pain and cramping. You can use 3-4 (200mg) ibuprofen tablets every 6-8 hours for pain.
Tylenol can also be used, 2 (325 mg tablets) of tylenol every 4-6 hours for pain. Heating pads or massaging the lower stomach (uterus) may also be helpful for the pain.
During an abortion with pills
- I am allergic to NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) including ibuprofen. What can I use for pain control instead during an abortion with pills?
- How can I manage pain associated with the abortion pills?
- What if I bleed too much after taking the abortion pills?
- Do women always bleed after using the abortion pills?
- How long will I bleed after using the abortion pills?
- Can I drink alcohol during the medical abortion procedure?
- Can I swallow the abortion pills?
- Can I use abortion pills vaginally?
- Can I use Misoprostol that comes with Diclofenac?
- Can I eat during the abortion pill procedure?
- Do I need to use antibiotics during the abortion?
- Will medical staff be able to notice that I am having an abortion?
*Nothing provided herein should be construed as professional medical advice and no medication / pills should be used without a prescription from a licensed / registered medical practitioner eligible to prescribe such medication in your local jurisdiction.